Who can be a Sustainability Ambassador
Companies interested in joining the Initiative as "Sustainability Ambassadors" will have to:
- demonstrate their commitment to the principles of Sustainable Development and Corporate Responsibility based on specific criteria (e.g. the Administration’s commitment on issues of Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility, the use of Management Systems, Performance Indicators and CSR Programs & Activities).
- accept that the information submitted to the dialogue can be used as Best Practices and the basis to exchange expertise with other organizations within the framework of the Initiative
- participate in the completion of the Greek Sustainability Code, either in whole or in part
- present the general approach of the company in relation to Sustainable Development in the Sustainability Ambassadors’ Directory with the potential to present corporate practices in national and European Sustainability Fora.
- participate in the funding of the Initiative with the amount of 2,500 euros. This amount will cover part of the creation of methodologies and tools and their own participation in them for over a year.
Benefits for the Sustainability Ambassadors
The Sustainability Ambassadors have the following benefits:
- They can establish along with the key players and businesses the framework that will allow the creation of a Sustainable Economy-Society model in our country, through the Public Dialogue that will help shape the national strategy towards Sustainable Development.
- They can strengthen the business profile and prestige of their organization, with the connection and involvement in an Initiative that reflects and connects with the most innovative trends of the international market.
- They can shape the tools and methodologies that allow them to grow as businesses and organizations and that will give an added value to the Sustainable Development policies they follow.
- They can cooperate with the best companies in the country and by doing so, shape the newest trends, both at home and abroad.
- They can engage in a process of networking, along with the key players and businesses, aiming to promote their views and positions on national and European institutions.
- They can submit proposals to promote incentives needed in the business world, so that the adoption of Sustainable Development policies gives added value to the business function.
The Sustainability Ambassadors are the following: